Designed with women of all ages in mind, PhysioCare’s Women’s Health program works to restore confidence and function for a variety of issues, from pregnancy related back pain to pelvic dysfunction.
With pregnancy, hormonal changes make a woman’s body much more loose and hypermobile. A physical therapist can work with your body to help stabilize the joints in a gentle way. Also training in proper body mechanics can go a long way with pre and post natal function. With pelvic floor pain and urinary incontinence, a Physical Therapist works with the pelvic floor musculature to encourage proper function.
At PhysioCare we treat a variety of female pelvic health conditions including, but not limited to; bladder and bowel issues, incontinence, prolapse, painful sex or an inability to have penetrative sex, vaginismus, musculoskeletal aches and pains (involving the back, hips, SI joint, groin, abdomen and sometimes limbs), pregnancy & postpartum recovery.
● Discuss medical history and symptoms
● Identify goals for therapy
● Assessment of posture, movement, strength, and mobility in problem area
● An internal examination may be necessary to assess your strength, tone, and flexibility of the pelvic floor. This is typically performed through the vaginal canal with a therapist’s gloved finger. We are sensitive to any pain, discomfort, or apprehension this can cause and will do everything we can to make sure you are comfortable.
● Set an individualized program that includes exercises and strategies to reduce symptoms and achieve goals.
● Comprehensive report will be sent to your referring physician after your first visit as well as follow-ups